Thursday, February 1, 2018

“Art is a process of delivering or arranging elements that appeal to the emotions of a person looking at it. It's what you feel.” ~ Shaquille O'Neal


Every trip to the beach requires a rearranging of my collections! There are far fewer shelling opportunities on this side (the Atlantic side) of Florida as opposed to the gulf side, but that doesn’t mean I don’t try! I always manage to come home with new treasures and then set about trying to find a place for them. For my most recent display, I went with “like” and “size”, hence the neat row of “olives” from largest to smallest. Other times, I will have them willy-nilly over a surface as it suits my fancy. Grown up toys! I love each and every one of them.



As I have mentioned before, I am finding it challenging to continue my blog in Blogger and have looked at migrating to WordPress. Well, I am encountering some problems with that as well, most significantly being able to keep the name “My Retiring Life”. It seems that someone began a blog of the same name in WordPress back in 2014, three years after I began mine in Blogger. This individual has not posted since 2015, but the name remains hers. In looking at my choices, I can start a new blog in WordPress under a new title, or I can continue to work in Blogger for the time being. Any of the names that I have considered are also taken, and I kind of like the one I’m using. I have found a way around some of the Blogger challenges, so for now, I will continue as I have.

The time has come for some changes however. Awhile back, I cut back from posting twice a week to just once, on Wednesday’s. That has been fine, but I am finding that sticking to a certain day of the week has it’s limitations. I will sometimes find something interesting to blog about on Wednesday evening, or perhaps sometime on Thursday, and by the time a week has rolled around, it has lost its timeliness. From this point forward, I will post when I have something to write about. It may be once a week, or every other week, or twice a week! This will be much more enjoyable for me. I am also trying to do more on Instagram, and can be found there under the same name. At some point I will put a link on this page to that account. 

So, until next time - I wish you well!



















2 comments:

  1. I'm familiar with WordPress and have 3 blogs with them (I'm not as diligent as you are in my posts.) If you need any help donn't hesitate to ask. I know to code HTML, which is often easier to figure out than the WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! I’m torn with my learning curve, and needing to change my blog’s name. At the moment, I’m going to continue with Blogger, but will need to do something in the future.

    ReplyDelete