Wednesday, July 12, 2017

"Shultz and Dooley Go To The Beach"


A couple of years ago I gave Bruce a card that said, "Men are from Jersey City. Women are from Paris". I would say that this statement still pretty much rings true. When I got home from a few days away late Sunday afternoon, I arrived to discover that he had done a little home decorating while I was gone. Over the years, atop the hutch that had belonged to my aunt and uncle, I have always put candles, seashells, coral, and shorebirds. I walked in the door Sunday afternoon and found that his Schultz and Dooley beer steins had  been added to the scene. I stood in front of it staring as he came and stood next to me. After a few moments of silence, he said "No huh?". To which I responded "Um, no."

This is the view that I came home to.
I did ask his permission to share this story in my blog, and being the good-natured guy that he is, he decided to get into the fun by dressing them up a bit. Yes, he really did create the beach scene by himself - really - in case you are doubting it - really.........


Always fall in love with someone who knows how to laugh at himself! I have dared him to leave it up for when he hosts poker later this week. He can laugh at himself, but he's not willing to take it that far!

3 comments:

  1. Bruce is he best! You are such a lucky woman. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me laugh. :-) Yes, you're right - being with someone who can laugh at themselves is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete