Wednesday, August 17, 2016

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

http://www.saveur.com/blog-awards
I've had a number of friends ask me abut the status of BITE (But Is It Edible), the monthly cooking group that I was in with three other adventurous cooks. Well, when it looked as though I was going to be moving away, I urged the other members to carry on and find someone (or two) to take my place. As it turned out, this was a transition time for others as well. New grandchildren; new business ventures; life's twists and turns - so things kind of came to a natural end.

Of course, it now turns out that I am remaining in the area, though in no position to host gatherings since I'm not yet in a home of my own. I'd like to think that down the road we could revive our little group, but time will tell! In the meantime, I continue to pin recipes and look through magazines, longing for the day when I am in my own kitchen again. 

One of my favorite magazines is Saveur, with it's multidimensional take on foods from across the continents (one of the true inspirations behind BITE). Saveur has recently posted its yearly Blogger Awards link, where anyone can peruse and vote on this year's nominated food blogs. I LOVE looking through these every year - there are such creative people out there, and their blogs are helping to fill my cooking void. You can follow nearly every one of these blogs on Pinterest and/or Instagram.

Enjoy and vote for your favorites!




No comments:

Post a Comment